Provide a forum for Progressive Democrats to share and promote ideas. Promote inclusiveness for all Progressives within the County, State and National Democratic Party, thus bringing Democrats to a greater commitment to a Democratic Party and government controlled by the citizens, not corporate interests.
Endorse and actively support Democratic candidates who embrace positions consistent with a progressive agenda, such as:
- ending mass criminalization;
- fighting racism by promoting and supporting programs to end police brutality, demilitarize police, ban for profit prisons, and increase community control over police;
- promoting tuition free public colleges and universities;
- supporting the Equal Rights Amendment;
- supporting voter registration and voter education/empowerment, including marginalized populations, such as: Native Americans, qualifying ex-felons, and naturalized citizens;
- opposing trade deals which will lead to fewer American jobs and lower wages for American workers.
- working for reducing carbon emissions, through promotion of green energy sources, such as solar, wind, biomass and geothermal;
- expanding Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security and nutrition programs;
- promoting government support for job creation by advocating for funding for infrastructure improvements and by initiating a nation-wide youth employment project;
- promoting government intervention to end homelessness;
- promoting solutions to the problem of food insecurity.
- promoting legislation to hold banking and other financial institutions accountable,
- making it easier for workers to join unions
- support legislation broadening protected groups to include LGTBQ community to insure equality in all aspects of their lives,
- support comprehensive humane immigration reform